Monday, November 30, 2009

Avatar’s Human Hardware Featurette

I don’t know if you guys feel the same way that I’ve been feeling about James Cameron’s Avatar.  But, I haven’t liked any of the trailers that I’ve seen come out for Avatar thus far. 

Sure James Cameron, one of the best directors of our time, has been working for 5 years on Avatar.  And sure its supposed to revolutionise cinema with his use of 3-D etc..  Its just the trailers haven’t really pulled me in yet.  Have you felt the same way?  I want to be excite for Avatar it just doesn’t seem all that interesting.

Well that was until, I saw the above video over at Rottentomatoes.com, and I have to say that I’m impressed. This Featurette makes Avatar seem like a real Action Packed blockbuster movie unlike its trailers.  I’m not really sure why.

Maybe they have a marketing problem with this movie.  Or perhaps they are trying to hide what the story is really about, or just some of the better parts of the movie from us. I’m not sure.  But what I do know is what they are putting out isn’t that exciting.  I’m glad to see this featurette and hope that they start to put out more trailers like the video above. If they don’t I think they might find it hard to pay back the reported $500 million budget.

But that’s just my opinion.  What’s yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment